When it comes to installing ductwork, some projects are easier than others. You’ve probably completed a few jobs in your time that were simple from start to finish. You came in, installed your client’s ductwork and called it a job well-done. Of course, not all projects are going to go so easily.
You know that doing complicated jobs and having good problem-solving skills are two key parts of the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) trade.
But sometimes, you’ll need a little extra help in the form of custom HVAC ductwork. These special, custom-made parts could offer exactly what you’ve been needing to finish that job that’s had you stuck in your tracks.
Mass-produced parts are good for generic tasks, but when projects get complex, you’ll need the right custom ductwork to get the job done.
Table of Contents
- How To Customize Ductwork
- Types of Customizable Ductwork
- How to Order Custom Ductwork
- Examples of Custom Ductwork Projects
How to Customize Ductwork
Whether you’re fitting ductwork into an existing building, performing a new construction job or adding an addition to a structure, you may come to the point where none of the available ductwork parts work.
This situation is frustrating, but the good news is you have a fix: Custom ductwork. Custom ductwork can help you get around obstructions or fit through tight spaces so you can complete your work on time and keep your customer happy.
Types of Customizable Ductwork
Custom-fabricated ductwork can help you complete even the most perplexing HVAC jobs.
You won’t find these parts at any hardware store or from just any manufacturer. You’re going to need to order special parts unique to your project. Each custom ductwork piece is one of a kind, designed by a custom fabricator with the right materials and specifications for your job.
Some examples of custom ductwork include the following:
- Elbow plenum
- Tee plenum
- Rise or drop
- Broadway elbow
- Shortway elbow
- Reducer or increaser
- Filter boot
- Air cleaner boot
In some situations, you may be looking to customize more characteristics of your ductwork pieces.
When ordering customized ductwork, you also have control over other aspects, including adding internal insulation lining or external wrapping of the ductwork. Other possibilities include adding four-bolt rectangular duct connectors, slip and drive ductwork and snap-lock ducts.
It may not exist yet, but the custom pieces you need for your current or next job are possible when you take the route of custom ductwork.
How to Order Custom Ductwork
Professional ductwork fabrication is your gateway to experiencing the benefits of customized parts for your HVAC project.
Different companies will have different processes for creating your custom parts. You should look for a fabricator that makes the process as easy as possible.
For instance, take a closer look at how Hennemuth Metal Fabricators (HMF Duct) handles the process of custom ductwork fabrication.
- Measure it: The first step in ordering custom ductwork is to take proper measurements. When you’re dealing with obstructions, tight spaces, complex twists, turns and other factors, your custom ductwork manufacturer is going to need accurate measurements. HMF Duct will use these measurements to ensure that the parts they manufacturer match your needs.
- Draw it: Once you have your measurements, tap into your drafting skills and draw the parts you need. These drawings can include measurements, descriptions and specific details about the parts you need so that HMF Duct can accurately fabricate your custom ductwork. Accurate drawings are the key to getting a part that works for you. You can also take pictures of the area needing the ductwork to help your professional fabricators even more.
- Let HMF Duct handle the rest: Once you’ve provided the necessary specifications and details, HMF Duct will get to work fabricating your custom ductwork. Soon, you’ll have the new, unique parts you need to complete your HVAC job. You can also communicate with the HMF Duct team along the way to ensure everything is going according to plan and that you get the exact pieces you need.
HMF Duct shows what a reliable custom ductwork fabricator can do for your project.
You’ll get the parts you need so you can keep your project moving and keep your customer happy — which is what it’s all about in service industries like HVAC.
Examples of Custom Ductwork Projects by Ductwork Fabricators
Do-it-yourself (DIY) ductwork projects aren’t easy.
You want to make sure that the service you’re providing to your client is of the highest quality possible. The last thing you want is to get a phone call from a recent client saying that the ductwork you installed isn’t working.
The unfortunate truth is that when you try to fabricate your project on your own, the chances of failure are much higher. That’s why you need help from a professional fabricator for your next custom ductwork project.
Here are some examples of custom ductwork projects by ductwork fabricators:
- Replacing old HVAC systems: Old HVAC systems will eventually need replacing, making this a common project that needs custom ductwork to complete. This situation is especially true when it comes to upgrading HVAC systems in old buildings that may use outdated architecture styles. When the building got built, HVAC systems may not have even existed. The odds are high that you’ll need custom ductwork pieces to bring the system to modern standards.
- Building new residential construction: When someone pays for a new home, they want it to their exact specifications. This statement is especially true when it comes to building a custom home with unique features and specifications. Often, the only way you’ll successfully install an HVAC system in a custom home is with custom fabricated ductwork.
- Completing a commercial job: Commercial applications will also often need custom ductwork. As businesses expand and new companies move into existing buildings, these organizations may require better HVAC systems to suit their needs. Custom ductwork could be the solution to their desires.
Choose HMF Duct as Your Ductwork Supplier in the Pittsburgh, PA Area
Hennemuth Metal Fabricators are ready to supply you with the custom ductwork you need to complete all your unique HVAC projects.
Our services go all the way back to 1954, and we’ve grown into a reputable and reliable custom metal fabricator in the Pittsburgh area and the surrounding tri-state area. We specialize in serving commercial and residential contractors, so you can be confident that you’ll get the products you need when you trust us for your next custom project.
HMF Duct will even streamline the custom ductwork ordering process by reviewing your order and offering suggestions to make sure that the pieces you get are correct. Their process minimizes mistakes while saving you money with their efficient designs and state-of-the-art fabricating equipment.