When you start on a new project, one of the first things you want to check off your list is quality materials. The installation process can go perfectly, but if you’re using the wrong materials, the finished project might have leaks or simply look bad. It’s hard to overcome bad materials.
With ductwork, it’s vital to get those materials right. Spiral ductwork has many advantages and is one of the top choices for many experienced contractors. It’s a trusted, reliable material that’s becoming more and more popular. But why?
- Saves money: Spiral ductwork is efficient — it can save on energy bills by handling the heating and cooling process better than other materials. It’s also easier to install and requires fewer materials.
- Improves air quality: The unique design of spiral ductwork creates tight seals, meaning you can effectively block out contaminants such as pollen and dirt. In turn, your building will receive better air quality.
- Provides aesthetic value: Exposed spiral ductwork is flexible — if you want, you can “hide” it by painting it the same color as the ceiling. But it also works for many settings on its own, providing a neat, industrial style that fits many modern buildings.
Spiral ductwork is an overall better option than other choices on the market. Whether it comes to function or appearance, spiral ductwork is the way to go.
Table of Contents
Less Leaking, Less Noise, Less to Worry About
Pitted up against other options like rectangular and round ductwork, spiral ductwork has some clear advantages when it comes to airflow, leaks and noise. These are the three of the main issues that plague many ductwork jobs, so finding the right materials that counter these is essential. Here are some of the pros of spiral ductwork.
- Better airflow: The design of spiral ductwork provides it with many superior advantages. One of these is improved airflow — since the seals are on the outside of the system, there’s less resistance and less energy is lost.
- Fewer leaks: The unique sealing system also means fewer leaks. Duct leaks are bad news for building owners — they force the system to work harder, driving up energy costs. The right spiral duct system will keep leaks at bay and keep the system operating at top efficiency.
- Quieter: In traditional ductwork with sharp corners and turns, air can get stuck, creating whistling and other loud noises. Spiral ductwork, on the other hand, creates a smooth, rounded pathway for which the air can travel, taking edges out of the equation so the journey can be quiet. No building owner wants a loud, whistling sound overhead — spiral ductwork takes the attention off of what’s above.
Spiral ductwork’s superior design makes it a clear winner in the modern age, although these advantages are just a small portion of what it offers.
Easier and More Economical to Install
As a contractor or project manager, one of the most challenging parts of the job is finding that balance between high-quality materials and affordability. With spiral ductwork, you get the best of both worlds — an affordable option with a huge functional upside.
The materials used to make spiral ductwork are lighter and fewer, meaning you can get the job done without losing an excessive amount of time and money. Spiral duct installation will likely be more manageable, and that creates less room for potential mistakes.
Eliminates Operating Costs
There are more advantages than just on the installation side — spiral ductwork is also more economical to own and work with. It poses fewer issues and can work more effectively than other options. This effectiveness is due to a number of reasons:
- Shape: Unlike rectangular, angular vents that catch air and create noises, spiral ductwork is aerodynamic and works with the flow, creating a quiet, unobtrusive environment that won’t distract customers below. The design also makes for easy cleaning with simple, affordable products you can easily find.
- Seal: Exterior seals cause less friction and fewer leaks. This is a huge advantage for building owners — it means they’ll save on energy costs. Air won’t escape through leaks, and the system won’t have to kick into overdrive to compensate. Instead, the ductwork will be able to provide a seamless, effective vehicle for transporting clean, uncontaminated air to the space below.
- Aesthetic: Many people also like spiral ductwork because of how it looks. If this is the case, you won’t even have to spend time and money painting and repainting it or designing it to cover it up. It acts as another building aesthetic, making it an investment in the atmosphere itself and a functional piece of equipment.
Now that you know all the advantages of spiral ductwork, you may wonder about an essential aspect — pricing.
Spiral Ductwork Pricing
Several factors will affect the price of your spiral ductwork — mainly size, shipping and where you buy your materials from.
- Size: The diameter and length of your spiral ductwork will clearly impact the price. If you’re looking to cover a huge area, you’ll likely need more materials.
- Shipping: Your location will also define shipping costs, adding to the final price.
- Where you buy: One of the most important factors to consider is where you’ll buy your materials from. It’s essential to find a trusted, reliable spiral duct manufacturer that can get you exactly what you need for an affordable price.
It can be challenging trying to find a manufacturer you can put your faith in. Luckily, Hennemuth Metal Fabricators is just the company you need.
Contact Hennemuth Metal Fabricators for Spiral Ductwork
When it comes to choosing ductwork, spiral ductwork has some clear advantages over more traditional options. Its spiral design means there won’t be any sharp corners trapping air, and its exterior seals block off any potential leaks. These aspects save on energy costs and make operations more efficient and affordable.
Its aesthetics make it a flexible piece of equipment that can fit right into the design of a modern building — even without you painting it. After learning all these benefits, your next step could be finding the right way to use spiral ductwork for your next project.
Looking for spiral ductwork manufacturers near Pittsburgh? Hennemuth Metal Fabricators is the expert team that can end your search. We have a hands-on staff who can help answer any of your questions. We cut and fit spiral ductwork to your exact specifications, saving you time in the field and making your job a little easier. We have quick lead times and friendly, helpful employees who offer unmatched materials and customer service. If you’re ready to invest in quality and affordable ductwork, contact us today!